Wednesday, September 07, 2005

what with the grass being greener on the other side

Another list of photographs that I didn't get to take (this time, while in Cuba):

- turkey vulture, in flight and/or on the phone posts
- the fishing villages en route from Varadero to Havana
- pelicans skimming the waves, generally in twos or threes
- a clean shot of any old cars in Havana [there was always a lamp post, another car or a person in the way]
- the dark, giant 6" across moth that was plastered to the restaurant door on our last morning [SigOther saw it too and verified that it was real - I am NOT making this up - it was that big!]
- the escape of the hot pink inner tube in the waves, while the girth-endowed owner attempted to chase it down - in, and then out, of the water [okay, so that would have made a better video than photo, but still...]

That's all I can remember not getting. I'm sure there were other images that I missed all together. I'm sure there were many quintessential Cuban things that I missed all together, but this was not a trip of doing. We went, we relaxed and if we go back sometime, we can find other places, people and photos-in-waiting then.