Saturday, March 19, 2005

i slept, i blinked, i must've eaten...

Next weekend is Easter (and that's unacceptably early this year) and we will have guests over the four days and more the following weekend. That's fine, except that I can't find my carpet for dog and cat hair and I've stopped turning the lights on to go into my bedroom for the fear that something other than my dog or cat might be living in there.

I have paperwork to do, I have paperwork to find before I can do it, I have a kitchen to clean and I have a computer room to excavate.

I'm not sure that everything that needs to happen will actually get to happen.

We've been way to busy lately with oil changes, choir performances, poetry studios, recording sessions, naturopath visits (the hubby's allergies are on the down swing), overtime at work and vet visits (Leo had his lump-ectomy stitches out and his hair is growing back while Mesquite had her follow up ultrasound that shows absolutely no change in her tumor).

Who wants to vacuum??

Fortunately, we don't entertain much. Except in the next few weeks. We'll dig ourselves out of our comfortable mess long enough for guests to navigate around our house and then we can once again relax for a while.

On the other hand, it may be instructional to just leave things the way they are. My parents just went out to their local shelter today and brought home a cat - a one year old Siamese. My mom is most worried about the influx of cat hair. Were my place to remain in its current condition while she were down for a visit, no amount of cat hair in her house could ever look as bad.

Ah, and so my messiness becomes my purpose, my gift, to those around me. How utterly, and terribly, convenient.