Monday, March 07, 2005

The Ants go Marching

Ah, yes it's March. It's sufficiently far into March as to be disturbing.

March comes in like a lion and, to date, I have no evidence to the contrary. The lab I work in has moved buildings and we have been busy throughout. I have evening and weekend plans booked that actually make it seem like I might have a life.

March is reported to go out like a lamb but I fail to see how this can be the case. My bookings, both at work and in my off-time, extend well into April and I believe that events are still being scheduled, even at this very moment by my husband.

And so, I plod through, on a course laid out for me by others, like an ant following the trail set down by his ant buddies. That's okay. I wouldn't fall in with the flow if it weren't okay. It is certainly easier. Ants may be onto something. They get to go off on travels they may never have been on before, but it's still all planned out for them. It simply screams with potential for all the excitement and none of the stress. In theory.

So, I'll go marching through the next month and see what the trail is like. Worst case scenario, at the end of March, I will have to stop following ants and find a lamb to hang out with.

(Knowing my luck, it will be an April-fools' wolf in lamb's clothing but that'll be a whole other post...)