Wednesday, December 22, 2004

New Year, New Me...again

I'm sensing a trend. I have no idea how long it's been going on nor how delayed this epiphany is, but I seem to need to overhaul things in conjunction with changing calendars.

September is supposed to be a classical season of change, renewal and makeovers - presumably a learned behaviour from our many years of starting new school years. Spring, of course, is also an obvious time to clean, cleanse and redecorate. I, however, find it necessary to rework my websites - in small aesthetic tweaks to extreme revamps - over the Christmas season.

I don't know why. I don't have a particularly vast readership who will 'ooh' and 'ahh' over my improvements. Okay, I don't have a readership, per se, at all. I have people who stumble across my sites from time to time. My sites are all, really, rather selfish endeavours, yet I indulge in them none-the-less. So, what do I get out of it? It's certainly cheaper than making myself over with a new wardrobe, hair and spa trip. In many ways, it's less stressful too. I'm sure my husband is happy that I'm not trying to make him over and making over the house tends to get on everyone's nerves (although I could redirect my energies into vacuuming more often....I'm sure that's beside the point).

But, now I have taken the first step. I have acknowledged the situation and can now monitor events to see if I really have a problem here, or if this is simply a quirk that can be chalked up to me being me. Either way, check back for updates and new looks (shameless plug: see side bar for some of my pages!).