Tuesday, December 28, 2004

my new baby

With apologies to my dog and cat, I have a new baby - my husband got me a PDA for Christmas! It's a Palm Tungsten T5 and I think it's going to take me for-absolute-ever to figure out even half of what it can do. Fortunately, I'll be so content with what little I do discover that it won't really matter.

It's truly gorgeous. Aesthetics really is important, no matter how much I cave to functionality on a regular basis. This is the model I coveted but never, in a million years, would have bought for myself. I am constantly torn between adoring and mocking the prettiness and excessiveness of things. I'm probably going to be able to convince myself that what makes this PDA pleasing to look at is, in part, what makes it user friendly and therefore more effective. Yeah, really.

I've already altered my preferences, favourites and backgrounds several times over and downloaded some applications, calendar, contacts and files. Now, I just have to get my music and photos sorted out and then I'll be set. And then I get to rearrange it all again to be even prettier.