Monday, November 15, 2004

the weather outside is not frightful

I received my first Christmas letter today. Granted, it's from my husband's aunt and uncle who sent it early so that everyone would know their new address. That way we can appropriately address our Christmas letter to them. It was very nice of them.

It's still disturbing. Despite the fact that they had a valid reason for being a little early, truth is that it's not all that early at all. Christmas is coming. I haven't started shopping yet and my sister is almost done. I've barely started my Christmas letter and, while I've bought cards, I haven't even updated the address book on the new computer with all the addresses from the old system yet. And, no, my paper address book is not up to date and cannot be used as backup.

Decorations have been up for weeks, literally, and I am simply not in the mood this year. I know I have to get out and get organised, but I just really don't feel like it. There's always a little panic every year, but this holiday season seems a little more chore-like than previous years.

Perhaps once I get started, it'll all settle into place. I've tentatively scheduled a few days off in early December for just that kind of holiday blitz. It's borderline late for that sort of shopping spree - most of my presents have to be shipped elsewhere - but a time crunch will add to the necessity of complete and thorough purchasing. Visa will be so happy.

falalalalalala