Friday, October 29, 2004

oh, will weirdness never cease

Once again, it's been a strange week. It's gone by as though it never happened - kind of like I blinked and missed it entirely. At the same time, Wednesday, though only two days ago, seems an absolute eternity in the past. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be just me. Everyone at work has commented on it, as has my sister of one of my husband's sisters.

There was the aforementioned blue moon that must have had some certain impact on events, and just this week was the lunar eclipse. The day after, co-workers and family alike were behaving oddly (myself included) and we were all glad to simply crawl home. I had the feeling - no, forget that - I know people kept looking at me all day. Strangers at lunch, vague acquaintances in the hall (the kind of people you recognize, but couldn't remember their name if you had to introduce them to someone else) other evening dog-walkers all kept looking at me. My skin's not overly misbehaving. I'm fairly sure that I didn't have anything weird stuck to my person. It was all just odd.

I may have to revise my theory that time is individual and dependent simply on how one chooses to spend it. I now have to look for that Star Trek-esque hole in the space time continuum. I'm starting to think that it may be out there. It's either that, or our orbit around the sun is deteriorating while the speed of earth's rotation has increased: shorter years and quicker days. Yeah, that's it.

Alright, this rant has deteriorated rapidly. As usual, I have a tonne of real things to accomplish tonight like cleaning, carving pumpkins, laundry and emails. No wonder I always think I run out of time! The five minute blog simply sucks more minutes than I should be wasting. Perhaps that's it....the internet has turned into a black hole of time and it sucks the days out of unsuspecting surfers - you know, complete with a swirly pattern like in Austin Powers.

oh, man. On that note, I think I'll go have a glass of port, sit in front of the tv and fold socks. That may be all tonight is good for.